Saturday, September 9, 2017

Why am I at MATC?

My name is Kevin Pereira and I am currently attending Milwaukee Area Technical College. I am going there to get my Associate degree in IT Web and Software Developing. I chose to do this because I find it fascinating how technology works and how it benefits people. Without technology, we wouldn't be this far with everything we have, such as medicine, computers, phones, etc. My past work experience were at Dairy Queen and Dunkin Donuts. I started at Dairy Queen first at age 16, and I only worked there for the summer, June through August and than quit so I could get ready for school again. The year after I started at Dunkin Donuts. I started there on April when school was still in session, I decided to work and go to school at the same time so I could experience how it is to do both at the same time. I do have to admit it was hard, because on my senior year I would go to school and work on the weekends only. As time started to go by, I started getting pretty tired from working and going to school so I ended up leaving Dunkin Donuts so I could focus on school. After I quit, I started being more active outside. After I would do my school work, I would go for long walks, biking, and everything that I could possibly do when it came to the great outdoors. What I find interesting about technology is how the tech world works and how programmers make it function. When I was younger, every time I went on a website, I wondered "is it people who make this or robots or what??". And when my answer was answered I was hooked by the idea that is was people who did something called "coding", which by then I knew what I wanted to do in the future. My goal is to be able to develop websites and software. I have always told myself I couldn't do many great things but THIS will be my uplifting moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment